LG Energy Solution to supply EV battery modules to Poland's ICPT
简介LG Energy Solution said Friday that it has signed an agreement with Impact Clean Power Technology, a ...
LG Energy Solution said Friday that it has signed an agreement with Impact Clean Power Technology, a leading Polish battery systems manufacturer, ramping up its foray into the European market for commercial electric vehicles.
ICPT, established in 2005, operates the GigafactoryX near Warsaw, which manufactures and assembles advanced battery systems for larger EVs such as electric buses and trucks.
Under the agreement, the Korean battery giant will supply 200,000 nickel cobalt manganese (NCM) battery modules to ICPT over three years starting next year. The modules will be manufactured at its plant in the southwestern city of Wroclaw.
The amount supplied can power about 3,000 commercial EVs.
ICPT will then assemble the supplied NCM battery modules into battery packs for delivery to Solaris Bus & Coach, a Polish manufacturer of public transport vehicles with top market share in the European electric bus market.
The commercial EV market is garnering attention as a highly profitable sector as the amount of batteries needed to power them is around 11 times more than general EVs.
As electric trucks and buses need to be able to cover long distances and operate under unfavorable weather conditions, batteries for such vehicles require more advanced technologies to withstand more than 10 times the energy voltage of conventional EVs.
“With the latest deal with ICPT, we have once again proven our advanced battery technology in the burgeoning European commercial EV market. Going forward, we will continue to deliver world-class customer value,” said Hong Seung-taek, head of LG Energy Solution's off-the-shelf department.
“Through a partnership with LGES, we will be able to offer more advanced products and systems, securing a competitive edge in the commercial EV market which is known to have high entry barriers," said Bartlomiej Kras, vice president of the ICPT board.
In a studio that became the home ground for jazz singer Yun hee-jung for 30 years, concert posters, ...
윤석열 대통령이 13일 전남 목포 사회복지법인공생복지재단 공생원에서 열린 설립 95주년 기념식에서 박수치고 있다. 사진 대통령실사진기자단윤석열 대통령이 강서구청장 보궐선거 참패와 ...
Seoul shares ended higher Thursday, tracking gains on Wall Street, buoyed by Federal Reserve officia ...
- OPEC members push against fossil fuel phase
- LS Cable inks partnership for Vietnam submarine cable market
- South Korean oil payments for Iran frozen again over Hamas links
- 尹 보선 첫 반응 "선거 결과서 교훈 찾아, 지혜롭게 변화를"
- S. Korea logs current account surplus for 6th month in October
- Igis launches $100m secondary fund for overseas investment
- [Herald Review] ‘Our Season’: a relatable story for all moms and daughters
- Experts forecast US
- Korean students outperform OECD average amid pandemic havoc: data
- [Korean History] Deadly sinking of Navy ship in 2010 marks worst postwar military disaster
- Lotte renews online grocery sales race with new mega facility
- [Today’s K
- 이낙연, 1만3000명 출당 청원에 "당에서 몰아내면 받아야지"
- Experts forecast US
- 5 cities in Japan splashed with Seventeen
- [Herald Interview] Lee Eung
- [Today’s K
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Berlin, Europe's Korean Studies hub, nurtures next
- Opposition leader returns to party duties, calls for Cabinet overhaul
- Paris Baguette to expand into Middle East, Africa
- Yoon's office denies hasty secretary sacking to hide truth
- Unification minister meets US civic group head to discuss NK human rights
- Drugs smuggled in through Incheon Airport surge since pandemic: lawmaker
- S. Korea, US, Japan stage first
- 軍 "北, 하마스식 대남공격 가능성"…증거로 나온 '방
- Mirae Asset seeks generational change in leadership reshuffle
- KT, Hyundai E&C, Saudi’s STC team up for digital infrastructure
- [KH Explains] Samsung
- Billlie opens a new world in 'Side
- 12 suspected cases of lumpy skin disease in cattle under investigation
- Looming election has Yoon advocating harder for everyday South Koreans
- 공군 수송기 급파, 한·일 220명 텔아비브 탈출
- Korea reports 7 more cases of lumpy skin disease, total now at 17
- [New on scene] Lee Jun
- EU preparing UN draft resolution on NK human rights
- Genesis BBQ opens 11th store in Vietnam